Song of the Season
By
Willa Howard
I stop myself and listen
To the leaves on display
As one by one they change
And silently fall away.
Like some bright memory
Or distant echoing song
That was once here and ringing
But is now forever gone.
Autumn in its splendor
Steals my breath away
With the awesome glory
Of sunsets at end of day
It would be a song of strength
Or an unquenchable flame
That forever will come back
In its season to reclaim
The colors all around,
The ancient wise trees,
And the crisp air above,
Are all a strange mystery.
It’s something untouchable
Silent, yet rumbling,
Like the voice of a rose,
Simple, yet terribly wondering.
I love to see the flaming leaves,
Here for a moment then gone.
I love to hear the heavy heart
Within the lilacs last lovely song.
Some things may die away
Flower and fern wither and die
But they are replaced with beauty
Such a thick and fathomless cry.
Give me a song or a poem,
Awesome in majesty
That is just as wondrous
As the beauty around me.
By
Willa Howard
I stop myself and listen
To the leaves on display
As one by one they change
And silently fall away.
Like some bright memory
Or distant echoing song
That was once here and ringing
But is now forever gone.
Autumn in its splendor
Steals my breath away
With the awesome glory
Of sunsets at end of day
It would be a song of strength
Or an unquenchable flame
That forever will come back
In its season to reclaim
The colors all around,
The ancient wise trees,
And the crisp air above,
Are all a strange mystery.
It’s something untouchable
Silent, yet rumbling,
Like the voice of a rose,
Simple, yet terribly wondering.
I love to see the flaming leaves,
Here for a moment then gone.
I love to hear the heavy heart
Within the lilacs last lovely song.
Some things may die away
Flower and fern wither and die
But they are replaced with beauty
Such a thick and fathomless cry.
Give me a song or a poem,
Awesome in majesty
That is just as wondrous
As the beauty around me.
What do you think???
~Willa
Nice poem!!!! Your good!
ReplyDelete