Home: Scribblings

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Wind, a Smile, and Hay

The wind gently rustles through the trees, causing the age worn branches to quiver. The beautiful scent of hay is all around me, as I sit ten feet from the ground atop golden hay bails. Another gust of wind twists about, around and through the swaying stalks of seed-laden grass. 



Beside me, a dirt road runs past, on its way to the mysterious unknown. I breath softly, so as to not break this mystical moment. 

 

So many words fly to my mind as I try to describe it--beautiful, rich, unfathomable, gorgeous, untamed...the list is never ending.


 

My soul is quieted, my heart is humbled. My spirit soars to heights unknown, free in this soft moment. Away, away to the faraway I feel myself fly. 
Picking up one of the fuzzy hay-strands, I stick it in my mouth and begin to write.... 

"Thou art worthy, oh LORD, to receive glory and honor and power, for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created" ~ Revelation 4:11

"Great and marvelous are Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are Thy ways, Though King of saints. Who shall not fear Thee, oh Lord, and glorify Your name?" ~Revelation 15: 3-4  
 My week has been wonderful, and I'm only three days in! I suppose I'll see how the rest of my week smooths out. How has your week been? Exciting? Strange? Regular? 

(You can find more picture like the ones above here)

4 comments:

  1. GREAT POST!!!! did you take those pics??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those kinds of days, and those kind of times in those days!!

    Thank you for starting to follow my blog, it has finally led me to come over here. You take wonderful pictures, by the way! And that is really neat that you are on Etsy, I hope to start selling some things on there soon!

    Blessings,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a pretty good week too! Love the design! Keep up the good work!
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... these pictures are so cute. BTW, I love your new header! My favorite picture is the last. :) Awesome post!

    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete