Home: Scribblings

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

When a Dragon Goes to War

Have I ever told you
What it’s like to hear a dragon’s roar?
Or have I ever told you
What it’s like when a dragon goes to war?


Listen close now,
And do not shrink away or quail
As no man but me
Has lived to tell this tale


The night started out
Much the same as this one
Crisp autumn in the air
And mountains hiding the sun


I saw the stars
Just once that night, before
All fire and brimstone
Rained as the dragons went to war


You’ve never known fire
Till you see it’s wailing spears
Flashing through the sky
As the dragons begin to appear


Claws for swords
And walls of streaking fire for shields
With mighty wings they beat
Fighting, sailing o’er our fields

Raining ashes falling down
The sky shredded by their roars
Fire and pain, smoke and flame
Oh, when a dragon goes to war.

So remember this, children
For this isn’t just useless lore
You may find yourselves in the middle
Of a dragons when they go to war


'Fraid this is the last post for a week or two, as I'll be travelling for a while. I thought I would put this new poem up while I have some down time (just had two baby molars pulled--super uncomfortable.) 

Anyways, y'all have an awesome Thanksgiving!

Happy happy turkey,
~The Scribbler in the Attic

2 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! I hate(!) having teeth pulled! Love the poem...
    I hope you feel better soon. Have a good Thanksgiving!
    Miss you,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willa, that is an amazing poem! You definitely having a wonderful talent for writing.
    PS: would you write my book for me?

    ReplyDelete