Home: Scribblings

Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Musings \\ Awkward & Awesome

I don't usually (never, actually) post Awkward&Awesomes, but apparently I had a very awkward week (okay, it was awesome too), and thought it might make a good post.

Yeah... I'm going to regret this. :P




Awkward:


  • Running all the way down to your guest house in the your beat up truck to use the bathroom there, because at your own house your little brother is throwing up in the one and your sister is doing a health cleanse in the other.
  • Going to a new gyro restaurant and not understanding the menu, so you just order soda. Then you see what your family got to eat and decide that's what you want, so you have to go and order again, and the employees there are literally hiding their smiles of amusement because you were stressing out so bad over it, and then you're mortified the rest of the meal.
  • An entire lunch conversation centered around your dad guessing what obscure decoration your sister bought at Michaels, and him actually getting it right. (It was a giant Kelly-green clothespin.)
  • Taking outfit pictures of your sister outside a cigar shop.
  • Having to write an introductory speech for your speech class and realizing 70% of your life is spent reading books and watching movies and then geeking out about them.
  • Writing an email chain back-and-forth in all caps and it feels like someone's been screaming in your ears for hours, so you walk around deaf the rest of the day for no good reason whatsoever.
  • When your hair is so long that when you try to flip it over your shoulder at the dinner table, it falls in your food.
  • Your family thinking you're goth when you wear a black T-shirts two days in a row.
  • Your family buying a sauna and transporting it to your house via mattresses, quilts and a pig trailer behind your big white passenger van.



Awesome:


  • This exchange at breakfast:
Emma: "Daniel (our neighbor) didn't get my pun yesterday about him spraying me with the bottle so often putting a damper on our friendship."
Daddy: "He totally mist that pun."
Emma: "Haha, yeah. And then I told him it was okay, it cooled things off.  And he said, 'Well, that's awkward.' And I'm like, 'Dude, I'm trying to make a pun here.'"
Me: "He should have just gone with the flow."
Daddy: "Stream of consciousness."
Me: "You were in too deep."
Emma (laughing hard): "This is why I love you guys."


  • Getting a booth at a local fair to sell my jewelry.
  • The first of the leaves turning red.
  • Finishing writing the first half of your book... (!)
  • Spotify. I did not know the extent of music streaming awesomeness until I got it.
  • Starting school and not falling behind within in the first week. And not hating it. If it weren't for all the other stuff I have to get done in a very short amount of time, I would actually be enjoying it. My mom let me make my own schedule this year, and so now I get an hour of reading and an hour writing a day. :D :D :D
  • Leather jackets. ATV's. Wide open fields. Good friends. And chicken-pot-pie.


What was awesome/awkward about your week? Seriously share, I love hearing from you guys! :)

Word,
~The Scribbler in the Attic

4 comments:

  1. Hi Willa,
    I've been around Olivia's blog for a while and I came over here recently. I have one question, what kind of camera do you use? I've been taking photography classes and I have been looking into buying a DSLR camera. I've been asking for different opinions on different types (Nikon vs. Canon for example).
    I love Picture Fridays by the way!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keri!
      I use a Nikon D3100. It's pretty good for it's price, but really not that spectacular unless you use a 55mm or 35mm lens. I always use a 55mm lens for my pictures. :) Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I'll look into it.

      Keri

      Delete
  2. Ok, wow! I really like the puns. Way to go! It's not often that I find another family who uses puns like our family does. :) Pretty much, the "awkward and awesome" post was so great I just followed your blog after reading it, so hopefully that means you won't have to regret posting it after all. ;)

    I can't find any contact information on your blog... I am currently putting together a blog tour for a book I have that's being released in November and I would be delighted if you'd be willing to host one of the stops. If you want more information, you can email me at: aidylewoh@gmail.com Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete