Well, I thought I would share with you guys what movies I watched to get into the mood of treasure hunting. Here goes:

The Mummy (The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor)
Loved them! Brendan Fraser plays a gun slinging-American thrown into the whirlwind of the 20th century rush for Egyptian artifacts along with the beautiful librarian Evelyn Carnahan and her brother, Jonathan.
National Treasure (duh!)
Pure awesomeness.
The Librarian (Quest for the Spear, Return to King Solomon's Mines, Curse of the Judas Chalice)
Flynn Carsen is a student at a university one minute and the next is hired as the Librarian of a top-secret part of the Metropolitan Public Library, where they house some of the worlds most ancient and magical artifacts.
So. Horribly. Cheesy. I loved them!!! (And the fact that I used three exclamation marks at the end of that sentence further attests to it, because I am not a fan of using several exclamation marks at the end of a sentence.)
Anyways. Yes. These were great. Except for the last one. It was really terrible, but I still enjoyed it.
Sahara
I watched this one a while ago, but still thought it worth mentioning. I didn't enjoy it much, and it definitely had some iffy parts. The combination of a funny sidekick, explosions, and a lots of gold was really the only thing that kept me interested, but I have several friends who think it's a great movie. So maybe some of y'all will like it. :)
Indiana Jones
Of course, I could never embark on a treasure hunting novel without watching the most classic treasure hunter in movie history. I only got to watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Kingdom of the Diamond Skull, but they were both a lot of fun.
If anyone has any recommendations for treasure hunting movies, I would love to hear them in the comments!
Sayonara,
~The Scribbler in the Attic
1980's movies: King Solomon's Mines might provide some amusement. Romancing the Stone and its sequel Jewel of the Nile. And a must-see would be The Goonies.
ReplyDelete