Home: Scribblings

Saturday, January 21, 2012

One winters afternoon: Photoshoot


The clouds gather, the green fades,

Gone is summer and its bliss

For a season now the cold reigns

Freezing the land in snow and mist.



Gone is the green, bright and glad,

And the flowers’ bloom has withered,

Gone are the reapers, and reaping lad

Remains only towns and blackbirds.
~Mediera Silverton

I love winter. I love spring. I love summer and fall. But the one thing that I love most about winter, is its pure beauty. Many times I look out across our small valley and see only bare trees and brown grass. But most of the time, I see grey, cloudy skies roiling and flying high above, and sprawling feilds full of tall, brown grass swaying gently. I don't know what it is about winter that just steals my breath away and makes me love it. Winter inspires me. Every breeze, every whisper of the naked trees. Every echo of a trickling brook or the twittering cries of the migrating birds.
I love winter.
Two or so weeks ago my sister Olivia and I had a photoshoot in the snow, wanting to take advantage of the gorgeous weather. We had lots of fun and found out just how wonderful our forest is in the silently falling snow.

That tree is actually dead. But I love it. Something about it makes me tingle all over with wonder. Its very old, and just thinking about what the tree saw in its lifetime is fascinating.








































































































I <3 snow.
~Psalm 29: 4-5: The Voice of the Lord is powerful,
The Voice of the Lord is majestic,
The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars.
Yes, The Lord breaks to in peices the cedars of Lebanon.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Those photos are gorgeous! And it looks like you very pretty young ladies had fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I totally agree with Gabby about these amazing pictures!! These are so beautiful, and your writing seems to melt the nasty weather surrounding you. I love how you describe the tree. "Its dead, but its sorta magical." Can something old and dead be beautiful? Yes, according to you. You and Ruby Hopkins are so alike. You should write a book together. :)
    Anyway, sorry for the long comment. My favorites of these are 16 and 17. BTW, cute hat!! :D

    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos..... Looks like loads of fun!
    Thank you for following my blog. :) I LOVE your name by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so pretty! And whoever took and edited the photos is super talented.

    ReplyDelete