Moonlit Walk
A glassy, watery glimmer,
Cast by the moon over head,
Upon a small crystal stream,
Where glinting rocks embed.
~*~*~*~
A silent, lovely, graceful swan,
In wavering, reflected beauty,
Hushed, graceful, and stunning,
Across the water, glides softly.
~*~*~*~
The moon is lit high above,
Floating on the clouds aloft.
The white light cascades down,
Bright sharp, yet smoothly soft.
~*~*~*~
Enthralling is the moonlit night
In ebony splendor portrays,
Enchantments and mysteries,
Fly about the land and ways
~*~*~*~
The trees creak and groan,
In their rooted, soiled place.
Willows quake and tremble,
Oaken branches above embrace.
~*~*~*~
On such a night as this,
My breath is taken away,
For I find it hard to breathe,
When in such a nightly display.
~*~*~*~
I know come the sunrise,
I will never see this night again.
Not a misty night like this
Where fog rolls o’re the glens.
~*~*~*~
I will wake to find it all a dream,
In sudden illumination gone,
So I bid thee, mystic magic,
To sing thy last, beautiful song.
~*~*~*~
As easily as the rainbow goes,
So you go now, dark night.
I loved thee in thy ebony frame,
But it is now time for the light.
~*~*~*~
Farewell, mysterious, moonlit,
Glimmering, star flecked hours.
Good bye, for the dawn comes
To take the time that was ours…
~*~*~*~*~
~The Scribbler in the Attic

You WROTE that? Oh, Willa. You have a gift that is indescribable. This poem is amazing. Beautiful. Fantastic.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Andrea
Great poem!
ReplyDeleteAWWWW! That paints a beautiful picture in my mind!
ReplyDeleteMeg