Home: Scribblings

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree...



Christmas always seems to come slowly, then BOOM it's here and gone. And by the time you think it's going to take forever to come again--there it is. Smiling it's big smiles of flashing lights and bright in it's clothes of red and green and white. I know something this Christmas which I didn't last Christmas....how to photograph with bokeh! I have fallen in love with it, which you can probably tell from the pictures. :)

 Lantern. 




              
Aaaaaaaannnd introducing.....              



Christmas tree-shaped  bokeh! I was so stoked. 



Hark! How the bells, sweet silver bells
All seem to say, "Throw cares away."
Christmas is here, bringing good cheer
To young and old, meek and the bold
Ding, dong, ding, dong, that is their song.

Gaily they ring, while people sing
Songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!
Merry, merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas! ~
Carol of the Bells


How has your December been?

~The Scribbler in the Attic

13 comments:

  1. Daww! The bokeh is awesome. But not as awesome as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! Great editing job! And Merry CHRISTmas!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. How DO you photograph in Bokeh? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only works with adjustable lenses. What you do is focus on something close to the camera, and the lights in the backround will blur, since it is not in focus, making bokeh.

      Delete
  4. Simply awesome Willa!! Great job;)

    Ana<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does bokeh only work with DSLR cameras?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it is only camera's like DSLR's. I'm not sure what you would call them. It really depends on the lens. You could try it with a different camera, though.

      Delete
    2. Would it work with a Canon Rebel?

      Delete
    3. I'm afraid I'm not much help. You'll just have to try and see. :P :)

      Delete