Having you ever felt so crammed full of things you need to do, of schedules and projects to work on, that your thoughts literally feel like they're racing a hundred-miles-per-hour at the same time it feels like they're stuck in glue, pinging in slow-motion, so sluggish you can barely even put two words together in your head?Huuuge run on sentence, I know. I'm sorry...
But, that's what tonight is like for me. And last night. And the night before. And every moment in between.
My brain feels like it could explode at any second. Like all of my thoughts are stuck together with caramel. I have too many things I should be doing, too many things I need to be doing, but they can't all happen at once.
This week has been a season of letting go for me. Between juggling school, friends, writing, video work, blogging, research, and a (sort of) job, there's just too much to handle with only two hands and one brain. I've had to prioritize. I've had to organize (weird, right? I didn't think I had it in me...). And I've had to let go of things I know are less important. Things that will get in the way of my real dreams and my real goals. Goals that I know I can accomplish and not just daydream about.
Maybe, one day, I can come back to them. Maybe, one day, they'll be my important goals. Maybe, one day, those dreams will come true.
I never thought I'd have to prioritize my dreams... It just sounds kind of wrong, doesn't it?
But, some of these goals, some of them I've had to tell myself will never happen. That it really was just a dream, and there are better dreams for me to spend my time on. That's just part of growing, I suppose.
I've never been a "deep" blogger. Though I spend a lot of time writing and am rather a sensitive soul, I usually stink at conveying my emotions and thoughts. I guess I deal better with describing the flashing of rapiers during a pirate duel that I do describing real thoughts and feelings.
So, I don't know why I decided to post this today. I just felt like sharing. :)
Have any of you all ever experienced this?
Thanks for reading,
~The Scribbler in the Attic
Thanks so much for sharing. It's nice to know there are others feeling the same way I am - because you literally just described my life above...
ReplyDelete(Oh, and I totally know about stinking at conveying my own feelings! :P)
This post is so honest, thanks for deciding to post it. Your posts are super creative and I enjoy reading them, so I added ya to a list of my favorite blogs to read at www.skirtsy.blogspot.com. Keep it uppp :)
ReplyDeleteOh, wow! Thank you! I just went and subscribed to your blog and am loving it already. :)
Delete